Monday, May 6, 2013


Last night, at around 10pm, the power went off.

A big rain storm hit my area yesterday afternoon and in the last couple of days it has become alot chillier. But it is the fierce winds that caused the power to go out. So...I felt my way to the drawer where I keep my matches and started lighting candles. I am becoming quite used to the candle routine since moving to the valley 5 years ago! I have learnt that high winds means possible power outage. So I am prepared.

 
Today the rain has continued....very heavy at times. But the power is on thankfully.

I have spent the day making gift cards. I make fabric covered cards and sell them in a few lovely outlets around New Zealand.
So today I heatset some printing I had done a week ago... and cut... and glued... and printed some more.

In my last post I talked about how I am loving neautral colours at the moment and that is true. But I love lots of colour too! Today, being dull and wintry, I did enjoy producing fabric that has a more summery feel. I produce this range in 8 colours...all bright and happy. Definitely a contrast to the grey skies outside!

 


Here are some photos I have taken previously of my Pacific range of cards. (Of course, if I had taken them today thay would have been a soggy mess! )



 
Later in the afternoon, Whisper, my cat, settled in for a nap on my printing table. She had been trying to get up on the table all day and I finally relented. I even gave her an old cushion to snuggle into....
 
 

I hope you have had a lovely monday!
Jillxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jill...would you believe I was only wondering yesterday what your cat's name is...hehe..I never would have thought of Whisper!

    ReplyDelete