Saturday, January 25, 2014

I think a little focus is required....

Reading other blogs lately, I have noticed some bloggers have adopted a word that for them encapsulates what they want from 2014. What a wonderful idea!

I have given this a bit of thought…and have decided that my word for this year is going to be FOCUS.


Don’t you agree that whatever you focus on tends to grow, to shine…to gain life. Without focus projects become stymied, ideas are forgotten, and goals are put on the back burner…perhaps to be aired once more at the beginning of the following year.


Basically, my goals have not changed that much in the past few years, and the fact that I have not achieved them to date is largely…I believe …due to my lack of focus. I have been coasting along and unfortunately I am finding that the longer I coast the more my confidence and belief in myself wanes. So this year I am making a stand, to focus on the things I want to achieve in the belief that small successes will restore my passion, energy, confidence and enthusiasm for becoming the artist and designer I would love to become.

So….it is Saturday afternoon and I have decided that I’m going to spend a few hours with my black ink pen, playing with some ideas for new designs. Basically I want to start with a blank white page…a fresh start.

Feeling excited!

Jill xx

No comments:

Post a Comment