Monday, April 7, 2014

I call this work !?



I love gardening! So I am very lucky that gardening is one of the jobs I do.

Today, being Monday, I garden at a particularly nice place. The owner sometimes gardens with me and at such times, like today, it really doesn't feel like a job at all. It is more like visiting a friend and helping her as we chat.

I am particularly fortunate that all the people I work for are either friends or have become friends over the years that I have worked for them.

Today was the perfect day to be outside. The heat of summer has gone, but the day was gorgeous. The sky was a pretty blue, it was calm and I just love the tranquil atmosphere of suburbia on a weekday. Having worked for years in offices, I often feel like I am on holiday when I spend the day gardening on a weekday…even when I am working hard.  There is an absence of all the sounds that are usual in the weekends…less mowing, fewer people. Do you know what I mean?



Today I had my camera with me so I took some pictures of the lovely sculptural objects that are dotted around my Monday garden, adding character and mood to the space.







On Wednesday I will be gardening at the home of an artist friend. I'll take my camera and see if I can capture some of the interesting nooks and crannies of her garden. She has one space, which I adore, that we call her secret garden. It may be a challenge to portray its secretiveness on film. We'll see....

I hope the start to your week has been a lovely one too!

Jillxx

3 comments:

  1. I understand your love for gardening -I find it so therapeutic to be tinkering away in my garden. How lucky that it's also your job :) PS what a beautiful statue! /Niki

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful garden. I keep telling myself to get outside and spend more time in the garden but I just never seem to get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I wonder how many people take time to just sit and enjoy their gardens? I haven't done enough of that in recent years and must make the time to so a little more.

      Delete