Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Old plates and first prints...

I love old crockery and lately I have used some of the plates I own as the inspiration for the couple of hand painted screens I have made for screen printing.


The design I painted on Saturday...the subject of my previous blog post, was inspired by my love of blue and white china. So the first prints I made using the screen had to be in tones of blue. 
I do plan to print the design in other colorways however. 





My first hand painted screen, which I painted a couple of weeks ago was inspired by a blue and white plate (Blue Chatham) that I use every day.



Painting these screens has been a bit of an experiment. I've totally enjoyed making them and have learned a lot about what I can and can't do using various brushes, squeegee bottles, and masking fluid. 
...and I can't wait to give it a go again! 

Jill xx

2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! - you're very talented :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri :) Now I've just got to decide what to make out of the fabric.... Ummm...

      Delete