Sunday, June 28, 2015

Setting myself up to....

Early on Saturday morning I wrote a list of all the things I would love to do this weekend. It is a long list, of household tasks, an outing I had planned, and some some of the things that are part of my current Jill Butler Design to do list, that I thought it would be great to achieve. 


Well it is now Sunday afternoon and I have achieved very little on the list! I can tick off only 5 items and have done a little towards a couple more.

My first instinct is to get cross with myself...and this isn't even logical. I've been busy...I've been doing...and I had set myself up to fail!! :)

There was never any chance of my completing all the things on my list in only 2 days. I think realistically I will be pushing it to do all these thing (and do my regular paid work) by the end of the week. 

So it got me wondering why I was so unrealistic at the beginning of the weekend? I think I was really writing a list of possibilities. At that stage I didn't want to pin myself down. I wanted to think of all the things I could do. It felt positive and exciting and I was imagining just how great I will feel when all the things on my list are completed.

I just got the timing a bit wrong. 

So now I have a new goal...

....by the end of the week I'm going to.....

And in the meantime...my book beckons...and a lovely cup of coffee...

Do you set yourself unrealistic goals and then get mad at yourself for not achieving them?

Jill xx


2 comments:

  1. Aaah yes the list... well mine wasn't as long as yours and I still haven't got to all the things on it, but I reminded myself to be happy with what I had achieved. Having a cuppa helps too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a cuppa helped ...and writing the blog post helped a lot too. Blog therapy!

      Delete