Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Getting out the beads again...


 A few years ago I did a workshop in making bead earrings. I loved it.

At the time I was working in a store that sold gift and accessories...all sorts of gorgeous, feminine things. So I developed a little sideline making bead earrings and selling them in the shop. When the shop closed I stopped making the earrings. 


Lately I have been thinking about making earrings again, So over the weekend I got out my beading box and made a couple. I'm no jeweler, there's something really satisfying about being able to make a pair of earrings to match whatever I'm wearing.

I'd like to learn more about beading. Perhaps I could branch out into bracelets or necklaces...?  Last night I had a look at the books available on the subject on Amazon. But I think I'd prefer to do some more courses until I know more about the various techniques.

Anyway...I'm looking forward to whiling a way a few winters evenings playing with beads.

Jill xx

1 comment:

  1. I love wearing the earrings you've made me! Love being able to match the colour to an outfit. Great to see you're doing some more. xo

    ReplyDelete