Thursday, July 9, 2015

Winter work...


When the weather is fine, and I have free time, I tend to get out into the garden. But with the weather being so miserable lately, I've spent a lot more time indoors, where other interests have beckoned.

I've already mentioned doing a bit of bead work. Well, I've also done a bit of sewing. Last night I made a top from some fabric I've had for a few years and hadn't got around to doing anything with it.


...and I've begun knitting...for the first time in a couple of decades! Seeing all the lovely work done by fellow bloggers has put me in the mood. A couple of weeks ago a friend gave me some wool. So...I'm knitting a scarf. I'm slow and unpracticed, but I'm enjoying doing it. The simple pattern means I can just do it here and there, without much thought, just enjoying the meditative quality of 2 pearl, 2 plain, 2 pearl, 2 plain....


As I write I have done about 25 cm. It's going to take me a while. By next winter perhaps? :)

Jill xx

No comments:

Post a Comment