Tuesday, May 10, 2016

A diversion...

Today my task in the studio is to heat set the printing I did yesterday and start hand painting them. Eventually these bits of fabric will be made into cards similar to those I made over the weekend and blogged about here and here and here. So enough photos of roses for the time being! :) I don't want to bore you too much! 


So I thought I'd share some photos I took over the weekend when I went with some friends to visit the Kaipara Coast Sculpture Gardens north of Auckland.

For any of you living or travelling in the Auckland region, I highly recommend visiting the gardens. The sculptures change yearly, in December, so I am going to make a make sure I make an effort to get there each year.








There are masses more sculptures to see, but I don't want to spoil it for you if you do manage get there.

As you can see, the gardens are lovely. There is also a short bush walk, beyond the sculpture trail and on Saturday when we walked it we were lucky enough to see fantails, wood pigeons and tuis.

I hope you make it there sometime!

Jill xx

1 comment:

  1. I'm all for diversions :). It looks a lovely way to spend a few hours.

    ReplyDelete