Saturday, May 21, 2016

In the sketch book this week....

I'd love to get into the habit of taking my sketchbook everywhere...
I know it's the constant drawing, looking, doing, thinking...on a daily basis that brings new ideas.


 So, in the last week I took my sketch book with me when I gardened, and I managed a few quick doodles and sketches during my lunch breaks. 
They're very rough, and sometimes I just wasn't in the mood... 


I earn most of my living from gardening and at times I don't manage to get to the studio enough in a week to keep a feeling of continuity and focus with what I'm trying to do there. 
But in this past week, by sketching during a few of my breaks, I was able to feel like I was still a fabric designer, even though at that time I had my gardeners hat on.  


So, next week my sketch book is going to be with me on the job again, and hopefully it turns into a habit. 
Jill xx

No comments:

Post a Comment