|Painted in oils on a square cotton canvas 35.5cm x 35.5cm.|
On Friday, I finished my fourth 100 days project painting, of a couple of small hibiscus branched placed in a mug.
Last week it was looking a bit touch and go as to whether I continued doing the project. Those leaves seemed to take forever! ...and I was tired! :)
Now that I'm back on track, I can really see the value of trying to do something for 100 days, through tiredness, through a lack of ideas, through boredom. I feel like I'm in training to have a bit of grit and stickablility. Here's hoping anyway!
So, crisis over for the moment and I've spent the last couple of days planning and doing the under painting for the backgrounds of my next couple of paintings.
57 days to go!
The project finishes on the 1st of September, the first day of spring. That means only 57 days of winter left too! Nice thought!