Monday, July 29, 2019

Greeting cards...and other chatter...


On Saturday I had a bit of a rethink about my "do something creative everyday and blog about it' challenge".
I loved doing it last week, but by Friday I was tired. And that's fine and normal.

But on Saturday I just didn't feel like making time for it. I wanted time out. And I didn't want to feel guilty or like I had failed. 
So a rule adjustment was called for! :)

I've decided I'm going to take the weekends off from this challenge. Making and blogging Monday to Friday feels so much more sustainable long term. And I want this to be long term...habit forming.



Saturday was a really lovely day. 
I met a friend at the Auckland War Memorial Museum where there was a really wonderful exhibition entitled
 'Carried Away - bags unpacked".




And in the afternoon I got stuck into some vegetable gardening and started to prepare a patch for future planting. I also picked some broccoli. I love being able to pick vegetables from my garden! Really satisfying.



After such a nice weekend I was really looking forward to going to the studio and making the cards featured on this blog today. 
I feel like I've arrived at a better balance between having a structure and having freedom. 
All good :)
I hope you had a really lovely weekend too.
Jill xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greeting cards...and other chatter...

On Saturday I had a bit of a rethink about my "do something creative everyday and blog about it' challenge". I loved do...